Thursday, January 17, 2013

1/72 Fantasy Stuff

I realize its somewhat blasphemous to post fantasy stuff of the wrong scale on a 15mm sci fi blog, but I can't help myself! I really like 1/72 as a scale for its cheapness. :)

Pretty sure these guys are Eureka Miniatures Dwarves. I plan to use them as my 'Dark Dwarves' who enjoy slaving and building golems from obsidian.

These Orcs are "Dark Alliance 1/72 Orcs" from Sets 1 and 2. Nice enough figures but REALLY covered in flash. Trimming them was a pain but the models are worthwhile. The figure on the far right is a confused Revell 1/72 French Knight.

This is my favorite figure/character from the first edition of Descent: Journey's in the Dark. I lavished him with attention since he's going to wind up being a hero/villain/PC


My WIP shelf for 15mm. Been experimenting with this and that.

I kind of want to start a post apoc side project with desert bases. The good news is my style of post apoc (Gamma World-esque) is zany and hi tech enough to have a decent amount of crossover with my sci fi range. Still, I feel some dedicated post apoc figures would be nice, especially since I want to do up desert bases with spent shell casings and half-buried bleached skulls in the dirt. Khurasan Gangers... I'm looking at you!

Till next time!

-BFH


7 comments:

  1. An interesting display of "this-and-that." Nice work, Blaster. Plus, I'm a great fan of Dwarves, and your little tough guys are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. Glad you like the dwarves, I feel they really turned out looking sinister which is what I was going for.

      Delete
  2. Nice one. I´ve got the dwarves but I can´t ever get around to painting them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul! Don't feel bad about not having painted the dwarves, you paint a LOT of stuff. You're like the patron saint of 1/72 in my mind! :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your 15 mm in-progress pile. And envy it. That's a great assortment of stuff. All those droids are from GZG, are they not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! Most of the droids are GZG, yes. The slightly more blobby ones are from 15mm.co.uk. Also, the orange humanoid droid is actually a Mechwarrior Clix power armor figure with his head removed.

      Glad to see I meet your approval. I'm painting some khurasan post-apoc gangers right now, I hope mine wind up as well as yours did!

      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Aha! Those gangers are great figures. I'll keep an eye out for your finished paint jobs :D

      Delete