Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Khurasan Post Apocalyptic Gangers

Hello again!

Finished some more Khurasan Gangers. I was going to wait until the very last one was finished but I'm too jazzed up to wait. I feel like I'm improving slightly in certain techniques... its a good feeling! :)

*Nuka Cola sold separately

A few things I've learned:

---
Washes have more than one use besides slathering the entire miniature!

Static grass can be manipulated while the PVA glue has not cured. Stroke it with a brush and blow on it to get an even grain in your grass!

Don't try to paint 15mm eyes/pupils if you value your sanity

Post Apocalyptic Gangers love purple teddybears!
---

More miniatures painted, hooray! Now to plot over what gets paint next. Probably something uniform in scheme, these gangers were somewhat tiring!

-BFH

8 comments:

  1. Never knew that about the static grass. Have to give it a try sometime. Meanwhile, you're off to a great start. The vibrant colors you're using are great - I always feel like mine wind up way too dark for the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Warren!

      The static grass trick I just found out. It takes a little fiddling but I find it preferable to just a lump of grass.

      Glad you like 'em! They really do stand out nicely from a distance thanks to their colors.

      Delete
  2. What! How did I miss these for two weeks? Nice set. I also recommend the OTHER ganger set from Khurasan, since it includes a chainsaw maniac ;) Those were a lot of fun to paint.

    On the technical side, I feel like the wash you used on your skin tones here is too... grey? The two redheaded figures particularly seem to have a dirty/greyish tinge to their skin. I generally use a brick-red/brown shade mixed with the base colour, unless I'm specifically trying to make the skin look pallid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for missing this comment for so long!

      The technical advice is very much appreciated. Painting human skin tones has long since been my white whale. I feel like I've gotten more confidence since painting the Gangers so I feel ready to try again. Maybe next time I'm up at the plate I can put your advice in to practice. After all, who ever heard of a PALE crazy wasteland lunatic?!

      Thanks again for the comment and encouragement.

      -BFH

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done. If I hadn't known they were 15mm, I'd have thought they were 28mm going by the detail you've achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry it took so long to respond to the kind words, been away from the blog for a while

      -BFH

      Delete