Sunday, January 6, 2013

Solar Union Infantry Squad

Hidey ho! I angrily snatched up some lead and slapped down paint with reckless abandon. These miniatures are the result:

A Solar Union GI with trademark hardsuit, targetting optics and blaster-rifle

I'm not thrilled with the way these guys are turning out... but I'm not overly unhappy with them either. I blame my complaints on trying out this new blue ink wash. Its... problematic, to say the least. Really shiny and metallic.


Also notice a new basing style I'm rather fond of. Its cheapo acrylic paint in dove gray thats heavily washed in badab black. It winds up looking like lunar basalt to my eyes. Its also less time consuming than drybrushing so theres that!


A sneak peak at some upcoming droids. Colors are fun!


Back with more!

-BFH

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and vibrant colors. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like how Sci-Fi means you can paint soldiers in super bright colors and no one thinks twice about it :)

      Delete
  2. Well done, Blaster. I'm likin' the Bot-Squad!

    ReplyDelete